What Grant Thornton really think......

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
56 posts Page 4 of 4

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:10 pm
Thanks Melanie but it really shouldn't have to be this way.

Like I have stated on another posting that elated feeling we had when we made the last payment, exactly 1 year and 5 months ago, has been totally overshadowed by the wait for the Certificate because of one excuse after another. The worse thing about it is knowing that the IVA remains open until you have received it.

The information we received telling us our F@F had been accepted (December 2012) clearly states that closure would be in 6 months.

The last email we had from GT telling us about our next meeting this month states that even though the F@F had been agreed it wasn't to close our file in full and further PPI needs to be addressed to ensure maximum return for creditors???? Very frustrating and in my opinion totally wrong!.

The last 2 years has been more of a headache than the first 5 when we were struggling with monthly payments.
Surely it is not meant to be this way at the end when we had done everything right in the beginning.
Katy

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 pm
Unless you keep at GT they will stop and slow down with any CC such a distasteful state of affairs pity they too busy chasing more IVA buyouts rather than sorting out the problems they already got!,
Come on GT get your act together instead of abusing the lack of regulatory constraint actually show some professionalism and actual customer care.
They can do it but you really do have to play a massive game of pressure and brinksmanship with them something no-one needs in an IVA after 5-6 years of pressure paying it off.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 pm
Thanks for the support and understanding.
All I can say is anyone thinking of entering an IVA choose a good IP.
There are some good ones on this forum.

Unfortunately GT was not our choice (even though they are mentioned in our agreement back in 2006?).
Our IVA was with Unity (put through via our helpline) and all went reasonably smoothly.

Then RSM Tenon took over and we started to have problems. We were then taken over by GT.

Even if you start with a good IP, in some cases, you do not always end with one and this is totally out of your control.
Katy

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:33 pm
I've just been on GT website to try & find their complaints procedure, as I've still not had any reply to 3 e-mails & 1 phone call that didn't even go through to the correct dept as the IVA dept 'were busy' & I was promised a call back. I can find nothing on the website about a complaints procedure, so if anyone knows where I can get it from/what it is I would be very grateful. I know I'm banging on about this a lot, but to be honest it's starting to make me ill. Seeing the problems others have gone through isn't helping either [V]
I thought putting 'IVA forum' in the subject of my e-mail would get me a reply - how stupid of me to think that! And where are the GT representatives on here these days? Conspicuous by their absence.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:42 pm
For Tinks:

Copied from a GT mail:

1 If a client expresses unhappiness with the service provided by this firm, then in the first instance the concerns will be dealt with by the manager responsible for the area that gave rise to the complaint and you will receive a formal response in that regard within one month of the date of this letter. Should we require additional time to investigate the matter, you will of course be advised accordingly.

2 If the matter cannot be resolved by the relevant manager, you can then direct your complaint to my designated senior member of staff Mr Paul Madden at Grant Thornton, Waters Edge, Clarendon Dock, Belfast, BT1 3BH.

3 If you continue to be dissatisfied with my firm's response to your complaint, you can then write to Ms Fiona Beighton - the Head of Quality & Risk Management who deals with any complaints arising from the firm's recovery department - at Grant Thornton UK LLP, 30 Finsbury Square, London, EC2P 2YU.

In the unlikely event that my firm is unable to resolve your complaint you can then complain to my regulatory body – the Insolvency Practitioners Association.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Julian

Post by Julian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 pm
I sympathise. I finished my IVA in June this year, waited just under a month for Completion certificate from the excellent McCambridge Dufy team so it is possible

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 pm
Tinks...Foggy beat me to it... I was just about to send the same information.

Don't give up with emails to GT, they do answer eventually. In fact the last person that I spoke to on the phone sounded just as stressed as I did so I guess they are having a hard time too.

Keep putting 'IVA Forum' in the heading and it gets to the right people.

I know it might not make you feel any better but I (and others) know exactly how frustrated you are feeling...don't give up!
Katy

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 pm
Thanks Foggy! Not sure whether it will be of any help as I don't know who the manager is, and seeing as though my original e-mails aren't getting a reply, will one that's addressed as a complaint??!! I'll give it a go though.

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 pm
And thanks Borneo. I know I'm not the only one, and part of me thinks that the more I pester, the slower it will be as they will be wasting time looking at/ replying(or not!) to the e-mails. I also don't want to wind them up the wrong way by being a pain lol!

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:01 pm
No...keep at them... otherwise they will forget you altogether...then they come back months and months later and you get the feeling they are talking about someone else!
Katy

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm
Thanks again Borneo - just fired off another e-mail. Given them to this Friday reply to that e-mail otherwise we will be taking it further & will be following their complaints procedure. Fingers crossed now.
56 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”