what happens to other monthly direct debits

3 posts Page 1 of 1

cheryl

Post by cheryl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:30 am
what happens to other monthly direct debits you may have - such as sky, broadband, electricity etc; will they have to be paid outright when bill arrives instead? and will access to bank accounts be needed to check income etc

accgroup

Post by accgroup » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 am
Hi Cheryl

I'm assuming your question relates to payment of utilties, council tax, etc when entering an IVA? You will need a bank account during an IVA. There are a lot of posts on this forum about which bank to use and the difficulties with setting up an account after an IVA is approved.

Once you have a new bank account set up you should be able to get direct debits set up for utilities, council tax, tv licence, mortgage/rent payments/insurances - all the expenditure you will be allowed in the IVA. You will need an account with a direct debit function, almost all of Accuma's IVA cases have direct debit facilities as they pay their monthly contributions into their IVAs by direct debit.

Hope this helps

AccumaGroup - A large insolvency practitioner service based in Manchester.
www.accumagroup.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 am
Hi Cheryl

I think your query may relate to whether you have to pay for these bills all upfront, or whether you can still spread the payments over the year by paying by direct debit.

The answer to that is yes, so long as you can find a bank prepared to allow you that facility.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.
View my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for january”