What is the best basic bank account??

20 posts Page 2 of 2

lily

Post by lily » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:37 pm
I too have a cashminder account with coop and a smart saver account. I just went into the branch, told all and they were very nice. I asked for a amart saver account on the phone and they gave it to me but I had been with them for around seven or eight months by then.
lily

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:16 pm
anyone any ideas on a bank account in northern ireland, we are just starting iva process and want bank account set up as soon as possible. we are thinking of opening Bank of Ireland account? but dont know whether they have any connections with our creditors.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm
The Ulster Bank are owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland plc, so I would avoid that if you have any debts with associated companies, but you also have the Northern Bank and First Trust as well as the Bank of Ireland to choose from.

Is your IP based in Northern Ireland - and if so what advice have they given you on banking arrangements.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ji ni

Post by ji ni » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:33 pm
ip is grant thorton in belfast,, we are just sending her all the information, statements etc regards our creditors, we were going to ask her for advice on bank when she receives them, but trying to get things sorted out as quickly as possible. questions always come into my head when im at home at night, so use this forum to try and find things out.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 pm
They are a large firm and will have links with all of those banks. I also practice in Northern Ireland and know the marketplace well, so feel free to use the forum for all of those "after hours" queries.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”