What lingers on?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:16 pm
Hi,
My IVA is done and dusted and well past the 6 year limit.
I'm aware that individual lenders keep records of their own that may be much older than the 6 year CRA limit. I moved to a new bank just before I applied for my IVA (good advice for anyone considering the same).

Is there any way my bank (who was not a creditor) would have any knowledge of my IVA, at this point 7 years on, as they are being amazingly pissy about simple requests given the relatively large sums of money that go through my accounts each month?

Cheers
D

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 pm
They could be in the same group as one of your creditors, or could simply have discovered you on a trawl of the Insolvency Register ( some banks do that).

Alternatively, they could be being pissy for their own amusement. (They don't like the black suit and the helmet!).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:25 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

They could be in the same group as one of your creditors, or could simply have discovered you on a trawl of the Insolvency Register ( some banks do that).

Alternatively, they could be being pissy for their own amusement. (They don't like the black suit and the helmet!).
Thanks Foggy, I suspect my miticlorians are a bit lethargic today. With my security hat on I would suspect that only direct creditors could have data on previous indiscretions (IVA or otherwise). I just wanted to claify if there is any evidnce that lenders stretch the DPA by scraping CRA data into their own systems?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:05 pm
I guess the bottom line is who is registered as the data holder. If each company within a group has a unique registration then they are limited in what they can share. But what CAN they share ?

From the occasional post on here it appears that there is either some CRA archive available to the chosen few or lenders are archiving their own data sweeps.

The Force is definitely stronger with the Bank.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”