What Next

6 posts Page 1 of 1

sandra

Post by sandra » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:31 pm
Following my plea for help the other day and the advice received, many thanks, from many of you I have followed this and written to IP requesting information concerning my IVA. Looked up on insolvency register and could not find any record, however would i still appear there if lump sum payments were made and was two years ago. If smaller creditors did not receive any payment, or indeed if no creditors received any payments, what would my options be then. Having given up both properties which were my only source of equity, I have nothing else to offer. Cannot understand where excess money, after mortgages paid, from properties would have gone, have looked up prices they were sold for and there was some. If it turns out that I still have lot of creditors that did not receive any payment would it be option to go bankrupt. Have taken on board your request to name and shame but feel at present I will await a reply from him and then make decision on this. Unfortunately I cannot see the bad in people and put complete trust in them which is what got me in this trouble in first place. Have tendency to blame myself when things go wrong and as is the case now over IP am thinking that perhaps I did not do something I should have. Time will tell.
Keep smiling . I

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm
Hi Sandra

If your IVA does not appear on the IVA register, then it has either not been registered in the first place, or your case has been closed without your knowledge.

You really must follow this up, as assets have been realised but you are unaware whether any money has been paid to your creditors. There is something not quite right about this case, and you must get to the bottom of it as soon as you can.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sandra

Post by sandra » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:27 am
Thanks Melanie I am as said taking advice from this forum and have written to the IP requesting full information. I will have to wait and see what his response is and take it from there. Things definately do not seem right. After having read items on this forum my case does not appear to have been dealt with in the normal fashion. Thanks again.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:31 am
Please post again Sandra once you get a reply
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk
Andam Davies

zoe

Post by zoe » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:39 am
Hi Sandra
Just been reading your post. I am too going for an IVA, i work at the local council so if there is any advice you need about this to stop you worrying please ask
Zoe
x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:47 am
Good luck Sandra, I hope everything works out for you x

Onwards and upwards!!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for march”