What sort of Christmas did you have ?

17 posts Page 1 of 2

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:26 am
I have always enjoyed Christmas but I must admit that this Christmas day sums of the sort of year its been. Not a total disaster but not good either. A couple of days ago I had to rush down to my GP because I had very bad back pains. Turns out I have flue and a chest infection. Then yesterday morning the heating system packed up again. I have got it working at the moment but it far from wright. My wife and I go and spend Christmas day with my parents. My parents live in a old thatched cottage and on Christmas day always light the open coal fire. They have a calor gas fire in front of it. This year when they went to move the fire the gas bottle had a leak and they almost gassed themselves. They were very lucky to open all the windows very quickly. Then as we were leaving last night my wife noticed that she had lost her eternity some ware.
Just cannot wait now to get 2007 over. So I hope everyone here has a truly Happy New Year.
IVA completed

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:46 pm
My Christmas day was lovely, but got up today to find my eldest cat is missing!
We have figured out he must have escaped when someone, who shall remain nameless, left a door open! My cats don’t go out, they are pedigree showcats and I have spent today, Boxing Day, searching the area and putting posters up! Of course, it is a holiday so cannot ring Petplan, (they have to ok the reward money, otherwise I will have to find that myself!) RSPCA is shut! I have not eaten or drank anything today and now exhausted and distraught! Some people might say “its just a cat” but I have had him 4 years and I love him to bits!

What a crappy end to a crap year.
Last edited by jane.l on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:53 pm
and here I sit feeling totally sorry for myself, my Mum had a heart attack on the 23rd and Christmas Day Mother in Law decided not to take her medication for mental illness and subjected us to a barrage of abuse which is unmentionable and left everyone very upset. Spoilt the day as they say! Here's to everyone for a peaceful 2008. x Jane the people who would say it's just a cat aren't pet owners, I have two dogs and they are part of my family not just dogs. I truly hope your cat is found safe and well. x
Last edited by Shining on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Well I'm going to buck the trend

I had a GREAT Christmas [:D]

Got home from work on Christmas eve to find several pissed teenagers in my house, my phone line not working 'cos one of said pissed teenogres had managed to trash the phone line junction box, really trash it as in off the wall and wires hanging out .
So no phone , no internet, and about a £1 credit on my mobile .. after the initial explosions, severe telling off for my daughter for letting her pissed up mates in, throwning the drunk weevils out and cleaning up the debris and vomit it turned into a pleasent evening .

Christmas day, no phone , no web, how liberating [8D]
Went to my ex laws for lunch ,no cooking .. a nice day .

Today - B & Q to get some connectors, cable etc , and back to normal .. 25 emails, and phone going like the clappers ..

Back to work tomorrow ... thank you god !

Still 2 weeks from to-day Im moving house and due in court to be possessed [}:)].. Im going to take some holy water, a crucifix and a bible 'cos Im a bit worried about being possessed - most folk think that I'm demented already - maybe they wont notice.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Slainthe
MIsh

Will an automatic discharge hurt.
Early Discharge is not an illness !

johnz

Post by johnz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:17 pm
Sorry some of your christmases weren't good.[:(]

I'll have to buck the trend too I'm afraid. I've just had 2 wonderful, relaxing days. Just me, the hubby and 3 cats. Fab[:D]

And, actually managed to do the roast potatoes right. It's a long story, but I have a bad rep with roast potatoes to the extent that last year they ended up being mash. I'm not the best cook.[:D][:D]

Johnz
Johnz

lily

Post by lily » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:57 am
I have had a lovely christmas this year, I was sooo nervous that something bad was going to happen. No, everything was fine even my cactus plant has bloomed beautifully. We had the very best of days playing games and being together, went to a family party tonight, stone cold sober though as I was driving.

I hope you find your cat Jane, I have two beebies which I have raised from birth, I would be deverstated if anything happened to them. I love them sooooo much.

Well hope this new year brings better times, its been a crap two years for me, really, really crap. I dont actually like 8's and I dont know why, I just never have so I hope this 8 will change that.....

lily
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 am
I was glad when Christmas Day was over to be honest! Dave's mum started off being nice to all of us, and then when we sat down to dinner she grew horns and a tail! She was rude to Dave (he's fat and has too many chins!), upset my mum (kept telling her how lovely Dave's ex is!) and told me that my hair looked as though something had chewed it! Out TV is too big, the bathroom is too close to the kitchen and our dining room chairs are too soft! Ever get the feeling you can't do anything right?!?!

Boxing Day was pretty good though - we spent that at my mums and my uncle and aunt were there as well and we all had a good laugh.

Sorry to hear some of you had such bad Christmas's - Whichwaynow I hope you're feeling better soon, Jane I hope your cat comes home safely and Isthereanend I hope your mum is on the mend and you MIL is ok x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:43 am
Mish ansd skippy you make me laugh.
Mine was ok, but so tiring, just running around cooking, and doing waitress service. Hubby usually helps but had to work the night xmas eve so didnt get home till after three am. So he was tired too. So the day consisted of 2 hyper active over excited grandchildren, the 2 year old wanted everything the ten year old had, the ten year old was trying to push the little ones pushchair around and annoying her more. Paper everywhere, a typical xmas. But god was i glad to get my pj's on and put my feet up when they had all gone.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:09 am
I was pleased with xmas spending and and the thought and hard work that went into it-thoughtfull yet inexpensive pressies for everyone but the kids (business as usual for them) My hubby got approx £20 spent on him from me and the kids.I opened up approx £150 of pressies.I've been very angry since.Well he's just gone off to work after a very big row about money.He says I'm not grateful.I would be if i thought he looked at the money first.He didn't.I want the gifts to go back really.Now I'm crying and daughter wants to go sale shopping!! At this precise moment I want a cig and a credit card...This is going to be harder than I thought because he thinks I'm having a go when I'm not and we have 6 years of it.Spent all of yesterday in bed and asleep-avoiding the issue till now.Ah well ....

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:34 pm
My cat has STILL not come back! I sat on the sofa all night in case he scratched on the door and I put food out but it is untouched. I have taken the Christmas tree and all the trimmings down, I cannot stop crying. Rang RSPCA and they said the chances of getting him back are very slim! People will probably keep him (he is a British Blue) or he cannot find he way home! Terrible end to 2007

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:41 pm
Sorry to those who did not have a nice time on Christmas day!

Especially Skippy and the one's who got drunk!
Sometimes wonder what plnet people are on!

We had a really lovely peaceful time!

Christmas Day K parents came and brought alot of food and yesterday her brother and family came bringing a lot over as well!

It was one of the best we have had for a long time and especially nice that it had been paid for!!

lily

Post by lily » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:53 pm
Sorry for all of the problems with Christmas, I know its not always a happy time, believe me.

Jane, I do realise that youre upset but you need to think about the kids, taking the christmas tree down???? Why???? I dont understand that, what about the kids??? I do understand that youre upset but I really feel for your kids, what must they be going through with you in that state, why have a tantrum with the tree and the trimmings??? Is your cat more important than your kids???? Whereever the cat is he will be feeling much better than your kids are right now. I am not going to be popular for saying this I know but I really feel bad for your kids, they have feelings too. Christmas is well and trully over for them I guess and what has their year been like?????

lily
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 pm
I agree with Lily. Christmas is really all about children. I know I don't have children, but I do know that being a parent is about putting the children first and making the best of things for their sakes. My mum lost her mum 3 days before my 13th birthday and we were all in bits, but my mum put on a brave face and made sure I had a party and a good birthday. You've all had a rotten year this year, and the children must be upset about the cat as well so taking the tree down will probably make them feel worse - I know it would have done for me.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:16 pm
The kids are as gutted as we are about the cat. We cannot just sit here eating and drinking as though nothing has happened. Kids are just sat around waiting for him to come back. I took the tree down on Boxing Day last year, I was too busy yesterday out looking for the cat so have done it now.

What with my stepmother dying the other week, today would have been her birthday, I don’t think it appropriate to be celebrating Christmas, its just an awful end to a terrible year for all of us.

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm
Hi Jane

Sorry to hear about your rough time.

Not a nice time of the year for bad things to happen. One day events will turn and just hang on there!
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”