what the xxx?? Help!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 1 of 5

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 pm
I have just chased my IP for an update as to where my completion certificate is and i get this response:
"Thank you for your email, we are unable to push the completion through this is due to a court case 'Green v Wright' which has gone to appeal, due to be heard in January 2016. Whilst you nor Payplan are involved in the court case, your individual arrangement may not be affected, but the outcome of the appeal may have implications generally on IVAs. We will of course issue the closure notice as soon as is practicable following the outcome of the appeal"

What do i do, can they do this?

Bobby
Over and out

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 pm
This might help explain the case.

http://blogs.lexisnexis.co.uk/randi/set ... i-refunds/

Not sure why they can't issue your certificate. Mine and my wifes F&F's agreed on 21/9 and told CC's should be with us by end of week. Not same IP or Company as you though

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 pm
First I have heard of any issues like this .. hopefully Andy or one of the experts can come on and provide a professional update on this situation. It seems very unfair to me
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:28 pm
Yes exactly what i thought.The thing is surely as my full and final has been accepted and we have actually paid all the final sums tot he IP etc then surely i can only be bound by the terms upto the date of full n final acceptance. Does this now mean ALL people about to complete IVAs come to a stand still and nobody else can conclude until next year, this cant be right
Over and out

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:32 pm
And it's not right as you say. I spoke to my IP today and there was no mention of any court case. Just that I have complied with all requirements and the CC will therefore be issued by the ne of the week. Who are you with?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:34 pm
The CC can be worded to the effect that PPI is still being pursued and will be part of the IVA estate post completion. Alternatively Payplan can take a Deed of Assignment, pledging PPI to them regardless of the case outcome.

However, Payplan are far from client centric and appear to regard the interests of the creditor as paramount.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:20 pm
My completion with Payplan made no mention of any PPI but my husbands did - no deed of assignment was never signed by either of us.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:44 pm
Absolute load of bull - if that were the case they would be following apertures example and getting deeds of assignment signed asap.

Complain and immediately complain to the insolvency service.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:47 pm
Totally unfair in my humble opinion. As Foggy rightly says they could take a deed of assignment to ensure they're paid any PPI.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:14 pm
Bobbydavro - this is likely to be something they knew about before your full and final.

Failing to mention this would be grounds for complaint as it materially impacts on why you acquired funds to get out of the iva.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:55 pm
Surely the creditors meeting was accepted with no additional terms applied so they cant retrospectively add this now can they? Oh and by the way i have absolutley no PPI claims to claim anyway
Over and out

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:26 pm
I did a full and final and no mention of PPI - hubby did the full term and his does state PPI.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:30 am
what a bunch of to$$ers !! Another reason not to choose Payplan if looking for an IVA at the moment if they make **** up as they go along like this !
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:30 am
Although clearly bobbydavro has reason for being upset and possible cause for complaint, Payplan have many hundreds of customers who are happy with the services and advice received and it is for individuals to make decision on who they choose as their iva provider. Our own personal opinions, such as longslog101s should not be taken into account as each proposed iva has a completely different set of circumstances.

Bobbydavro please continue to let us know what the outcome of your issue is with Payplan.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:23 am
I agree with Luluj - I was more than happy with Payplan. The only issues I had were when I couldn't get hold of them for two weeks over Christmas one year and when I had to get them to remove the BR clause from my full and final.

Hopefully Bobbydavro can get this sorted.
Bob Marley.
72 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”