what the xxx?? Help!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 2 of 5

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 am
Those of us who have no official function linked to the board are entitled to have personal opinions.

It is those opinions and personal experiences that provide the value to this board.

I would not have expressed it the way that longslog101 did but the company in question is in my top 5 companies to avoid at this stage.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 am
luluj, so you think the above position taken by Payplan is acceptable then ?

I suppose I could have worded the above in a less coarse way, but it is firms like this taking a position like this that makes me so so angry just means the only thing missing is a set of spurs and a Stetson in my PERSONAL opinion. I am now inclined to go and write a blog about this post too and ensure it features the words payplan in it very heavily so anyone searching for IVA and payplan finds that first !
Last edited by longslog101 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 am
lifenoteasy - everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and often it's the way it is expressed.

Everyone who posts here is equally valued regardless of the status in their profile or the number of postings, often the ones posting more are repetitive posts and the ones posting less are of more value. Assuming we all remember the ethos of the forum, we're one happy family.

We all add value in some way and I for one value everyone's opinion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:42 am
Opinions expressed on this forum are in the public domain and the forum administrators are responsible for the content.

If an opinion is deemed defamatory by the subject they can take action against the administrators. This has happened in the past on this forum.

I am far from being a fan of Payplan, but we must couch our opinions in such a way as to get the message across without being offensive or crossing any legal boundaries.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:43 am
I might add, LNE, it is in my top 1 !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 am
I used to be the administrator of a forum and I appreciate the boundaries.

That's part of the reason why I concentrate on the company - not the individuals linked to them.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:48 am
Hi Both,

I don't think there is anything defamatory in the above post, I do however question the legality and moral correctness of what PAYPLAN are doing to bobbydavro. I think the regulators would lodge a fine and complaint against them for this.

Lesley, I agree, there is a lot of repetition on here, this is the first time I have seen a post like this, a lot on the forum are repeats repeats repeats which generally requires the same answer especially in the last year, Perhaps the FAQ could do with updating ?

Apologies for getting wound up by the firms that try to take the customer for a ride and try and rinse/fleece/abuse and extort them, just makes my blood boil !
Last edited by longslog101 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:54 am
A lot of people don't look at the FAQ's though - they just go to ask experts a question and post it.

I've been on here for a few years now (barring one break) and there has always been repetition, sometimes the same question asked by two different people within hours of each other.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:59 am
FAQ's I'm sure are used but we'll never know the statistics as to what percentage. Every post will be answered regardless of repetition or not.

We digress, this needs to go back on track now for the original poster.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 am
As I said earlier I would say that it will come down how willing you are to push this.

I have just checked on a specific IVA company web site that is also pushing secured loans and they still do not mention this change.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:01 am
We are still closing cases irrespective of Green v Wright and any full and final settlements we do capture any future financial irregularity claims. We have deeds of assignment and little problem so I am confused as to what Payplan are talking about.

There are a number of issues in relation to this court case including whether a continuing 'trust' is severed when an IVA successfully completes without a deed of assignment in place. It also relates to R3 standard terms and conditions and I believe that Payplan use Protocol [but I could be wrong].

Bobbydavro should go back to Payplan and ask them specifically how his case cannot be closed be closed down due to the Green v Wright case. What is it about his specific case that means it cannot be closed down. In addition the appeal may not be heard until much later in the year and even then could be subject to further appeals so are Payplan going to keep their clients on hold for many years to come should it come to it?

Bobbydavro. Tell Payplan that the file must be closed down and anything that needs to be signed beforehand will be signed. If they refuse put in a formal complaint as otherwise your file could left gathering dust while Green v Wright rumbles on indefinitely. The irony is that the outcome may have absolutely nothing at all to do with your case!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am
Good advice from Michael - let us know how you get on?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:10 am
Question for Foggy.... LNE???
IVA Completed August 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am
Lifenoteasy - posters name.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by KAYKAY

Question for Foggy.... LNE???
Just me being lazy KK [:D][:D]
72 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”