what the xxx?? Help!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 5 of 5

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 pm
Really good to hear that your detailed and direct conversation with a clear objective has paid off ... really hope they do now do as they say and get you your closure certificate as soon as possible.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

stringyAcid

Post by stringyAcid » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Michael Peoples

Good for you for not backing down but will this apply to all those others who received the same letter or are they just trying to get rid of you?
Very pertinent Michael. The point here is, if there was an absolute concrete reason for withholding CC's on the basis of a possible change in the legal validity regarding this case then all IPs would be postponing the issuing of CC's. The fact that as far as we can see it's only Payplan pursuing this direction coupled with them being selective in the postponement in Bobbydavros' case suggests it's all open to conjecture.

Is conjecture a reason not to complete an arrangement when all other obligations have been fulfilled!

Can we all keep an eye out for similar posts and point people towards the very good advice of Michael and other experts.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:18 pm
BobbyD, excellent, and even more excellent you have it all in writing !!

Well done... I love it when people stand up for what they are entitled to :))

Michael, thanks for the info too.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:27 pm
I think there has been some misinformation circulated about the court case and I am glad I could clarify a few things. We just want the situation resolved so we can pay the money to whoever is legally owed it. We are having to defend this action with our firms money and if we lose we will be substantially out of pocket. Even if we win we may not even get our costs back but at least we will have a decision to move forward with.

This case as I have said only relates to closed cases where there was no deed of assignment so there could be more cases with other IPs in the future.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

stringyAcid

Post by stringyAcid » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:44 am
Anyone else managed to get their CC from Payplan like OP.
As said in another post Michael Peoples feels the appeal might not be heard until April- May. Could be a long wait for us all.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 am
As said before, they can put a caveat on the completion letter to state that if PPI is found it will be paid back to the creditors.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 pm
Yep, CC recieved with PPI stipulation in it that any PPI is still IVA term bound..although i wasnt advised of this or even agreed to it and it wast a creditor condition of the offer but clearly PAYPLAN themselves adding it in purely for their gain not the creditors, greed comes to mind when it is know that Payplan have done this
Over and out

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:08 pm
We weren't advised either but knowing there is no PPI we had no problem with that.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:22 pm
Hi

Something doesn't feel quite right about Payplans decision to suspend closures and the issue of completion certificate [especially given the fact that they have performed a U turn with regards to at least one case]

Could it be a decision taken to help with work load ?

Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm
On the other hand Andy - would it not be in their best interests to put this in place so they can deal with the workload?
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm
Case load or cash flow? I'm just a bit of a conspiracy theorist like foggy.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:39 pm
Hi

The decision would reduce workload in the short term, that is for sure

Regards
Andam Davies
72 posts Page 5 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”