What to do when it is over?

6 posts Page 1 of 1

lulu27

Post by lulu27 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm
I received a letter from my IP 3 weeks ago saying I had made my final payment then yesterday I got my certificate of completion.

I have a few questions if anyone can help
1. There is a charge against our property will the IP automatically remove this and how do I check?
2. I had a Littlewoods catalog account and I included it in the IVA but they did not make a claim I have checked my noddle credit report and it shows the account is in default it also shows it started at £135 and is now £283. i thought that you could not be charged interest while you were in an IVA?
3. I am just confused about what I need to do I have read some posts about cleaning up my credit file just don't know where to start.
Thank you

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm
Well done on getting your certificate of completion.

TheMatrix is our guru on cleaning up the credit files so hopefully will be along at some point to advise. Lots of other posters I'm sure can help too; all the best and enjoy your debt freedom.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lulu27

Post by lulu27 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 pm
Thanks Lesley
Also i forgot to say in the letter it says we will still be on the Insolvency register for another 2 years.
Does anyone know why it takes so long to get off it?

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 am
You won't be on the register for another two years. Your IP will send your completion letter to them and it should come off within three months.

Your IVA will drop off your credit record six years after it started.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 am
I always understood as Niobe it came of the register when notified by your IP (worth keeping an eye on) and off your credit records six years from acceptance date (again worth keeping an eye on).
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 am
IVAs are supposed to stay on the register for three months following completion, however in reality the Registrar will often remove them earlier.

Your IP is duty bound to release the restriction on your house, once they have ceased to act.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”