Whats for Tea to-night

36 posts Page 1 of 3

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:12 pm
[:D]
Being a big 'ol scots laddie and a single dad who is living on a budget , tose are words I hear a lot .. and Im always trying to make healthy (ish) meals ..

Tonight
Roast chicken
Baked potatoes
Sweetcorn

Fruit and Ice Cream to follow

Drinks selection
L'vin d'Adam avec chois d'jus de fruit
Pomagne d'Tesco especial ( Tesco's value cider )

The remains to the chicken to be used to home made chicken soup.

Cheap, cheerful and full up
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Not been so healthy I am afraid we had roast chicken dinner and treacle tart (only cos it was on offer at tescos) chicken sarnie for supper if I am hungry but too stuffed to think about it at the moment. Tend to eat healthier in the week and then make up for it at the weekend. Drinkies 1.5 litres of tescos bianco lasts a month, same as cinzano but half the price.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:41 pm
I've just had a lamb chop (from the latest food parcel my mum gave me!), new potatoes (we buy a sack from a farm), brocolli, cauliflower, and, to finish it off, tomato ketchup!

No pudding for me tonight as not enough Weight Watchers points left!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:55 pm
Strangly enough I had a bar of fruit and nut for my tea! I am feeling much better, my rejection of chocolate lasted less than 24 hours phew what a relief![:D]

Pippa

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:58 pm
That's good news Pippa! I don't like fruit and nut myself - I hate hazelnuts and raisins. I might treat myself to some dark chocolate this week.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:03 pm
I thought I might have a peanut butter and banana sarnie.
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:07 pm
Bear,
I am still not convinced by the banana and peanut butter, hope you arent going to pan fry them as Elvis' mum used to, its either fruit and nut or Dark chocolate ooh or chocolate fudge cake and perhaps a bit of ben and gerrys on the side [:p]

Pippa

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:21 pm
Banoffee pie is my favourite! Sadly I'm not supposed to eat cream or milk now, but I did give in on holiday and had a big piece of banoffee pie!

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:21 pm
I've got the second portion of a Chicken Rogan Josh I cooked on Friday night. Oh and a Dairy Milk with Crunchie. My bad. Lol

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:05 pm
I had beans on toast, combination of too hot, couldn't be bothered to cook and waiting for pay day.

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 pm
You guys are going to hate me ...
Tesco's do a pkt of peanuts, raisins and milk chocolate covered raisins ... mmmmm thats my sin for tonight .

Oh what was left of the chicken after making stock for soup has gone to the cat and dog ( sans bones ) .

MIsh

hallway

Post by hallway » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:54 am
I must be doing something wrong Mish how do you get your teenage daughter in to eat meals with you its like a cafe in our house my 15yr old has too busy a social life to ever be in for long enough to eat a meal,mates, sports, girlfriend (so in love makes you jealous)couple that with the fact that i work nights and my husband works shifts its become a bit of afree for all where meals are concerned,whatevers in help yourself to if your not quick enough then im afraid its beans on toast for you.

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 pm
Asda medium fresh chickens are £2.00 just now!! (they freeze very well) so tonight roast chicken, boiled tatties, carrots, peas, sweetcorn..... just when you think its looking healthy I smother the whole lot in gravy (Bisto 2 boxes for £2.00 at the moment) [:D]
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

hymers

Post by hymers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:49 pm
At Asda youc an get a couple of fab things that are really cheap but if you buy some Mozarella and nice ham but cheap from eg Aldi or Liddle you can make a wonderful dinner boring I know but this helps me to budget better here are my favourites and they cost very little

you can get
an absolutely huge eg 1 kilo bag of pasta Asda's own make £1
Tin of chicken in white wine sauce Asda smart price 59p don't let the smart price thing put you off it's absolutely gorgeous in a jacket or with some savoury rice
Asda smart price noodles in many flavours wait for it just 8p yes that's right for 1 packet so stock them up when you get paid
tins of Macaroni cheese and Asda's smart price beans and sausages as good as heinz to me anyway and I'm a really fussy eater
smart price huge chops £2.99 fab in olive oil roasted
chickens 2 for a fiver your'e right they do freeze well
little bread buns x 9 get 3 packs for a pound and freeze well
a loaf of bread for approx 22p white or brown for end of the month from smart price crap but better than none when waiting for pay day!!
smart price seven hills wine £2.52 get the right one though there are 2 that look similar and 1 is much more expensive
Maris piper potatoes - good for any use baking, roasting, chips etc
smart price butter approx 50p
smart price peanuts salted 21p a packet!
tin of ratotouile add it to some left over chicken or pork and an 8 p packet of Noodles and your'e away
smart price prawns just 99p from the freezer section great with tin of curry sauce for just 10 pence

this is all boring I know but it helps to keep to your monthly budget a little better anyhow

often Asda have free delivery over £25 also from various voucher codes internet sites so you don't have to spend the earth to get it to your doorstep once in a while and for free
let me know if you have any interesting titbits like this you are willing to share it all helps for better budgeting and in the long run after your IVA you should be minted after becoming a tight efficient budgeter

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:29 pm
Halfway - same here, teenogre daugter is always out and about, Iv'e handed over the living room to her and her mates and have made my dining room my living room/office/den !
I say dinner will be ready at ... and how many of your mates need fed ! It encourages her and her mates to come in and get a decent meal instead of bloody kebabs & chips .
But I do keep a supply of frozen pizza, nuggets, oven chips ( not at all healthy ) kept in the freezer, and baked beans etc in the cupboard.

Cheap tescos noodles are a good bet ( 7p a pkt ), sproglette has got into them, with spring onions, red pepper a little bit of sliced ham & soya sauce , looks like a home made chow mein.. shes pretty good at cooking those .

Tonights tea .. will be at 6 pm .. at your mates house .. her parents have invited us round 'cos I have fed their daughter so often .
No idea whats on the menu & dont care , it'll just be nice to have someone else do the cooking !

Oh and I've been told that theres a bottle of red with my name on it !

Slainge
Mish
36 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”