whats the worst case senario?

4 posts Page 1 of 1

s.s.

Post by s.s. » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:34 pm
I am struggling to make this months payment for my IVA with it being Xmas and all that, i think i can make it up again over a couple of months but if i can't whats the worst case senario?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:40 pm
Hi there

It is always a difficult time of year if you have not budgeted for Christmas, but your IP is unlikely to be too sympathetic to you missing a payments just because of over-spending.

I warn all of my own clients that it is not permissible to use Christmas as an excuse - you simply have to set aside monies during the year if you wish to do the spending.

In answer to your question, if you cannot make up the arrears over a couple of months you will be one month in arrears, and presumably you have the usual 3 missed payments and you are in default ruling. I would really urge you to try and make ends meet without missing a payment if you can help it.

Sorry if that makes me seem like Scrooge.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 pm
I dislike this time of year, the pressure we feel to buy gifts and be full of xmas cheer isnt fair. All i can say is this...christmas is for kids really, only buy for kids. Grown ups should understand and if they care for you at all they wont expect something that you cant afford.

Christmas is so NOT worth getting into debt for.

Best of luck xx

Angie xx

My IVA Story......http://bagpuss.blogs.iva.co.uk/2007/09/ ... iva-story/

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am
I'd certainly echo the thought that the pressies should in the main be for the kids, but it's possible to get through Dec without too many probs. There have abeen some really good threads on here on this subject with people posting some really informative ideas....

More importantly, I agree that managing expectations is important and the people that love you are the people that matter and they wouldn't want you spending what you don't have....

Really hope you manage to have a great Christmas SS, and if you can avoid missing a payment all the better... someone posted on here about a post office saving scheme you can opt into that might make life easier next year.... details will be in the archive somewhere, pretty sure xmas was in the title...

Best of luck,

Martin
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new postings for December”