When it rains it pours - Attention Payplan.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
108 posts Page 1 of 8

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 pm
Some of you who look at this might remember the thread about Payplan proceeding to make me bankrupt if my variation proposal [i.e. the simple one about extending for 12 months in the event of an inability to release equity - the position I find myself in] was rejected. One of the admins changed the title to 'Can someone from Payplan please look at this' - it got well over 3500 views as I recall.

Well the simple answer to that question is yes, but no comment. Nick Payne looked at it and alerted my own IP but, since then, nothing. So thanks very much Payplan. I am none the wiser about any of it - I summarised the initial reponse I got from them in the thread, and that's where it still stands. So I still have that particular Sword of Damocles swinging over my head.

Now I am facing a car repair bill. Best case scenario £650, worst case £950. Strange how the latter figure has gone up by £100 within 24 hours....The gearbox is completely shot. No hope of selling it as it is, only get pennies. Can't trade it in cos the traders want a profit and want more money on top of the trade in for a 'new' car that I can't afford cos I am stretched to the limit. Add this to an aggravated inguinal hernia ['current medical practice is to advise patients to 'live with it' was the cheery advice from the medics] and a marriage going to pot because of it all, and I can tell you something - when I am finally permitted to shuffle off this mortal coil I won't be in any hurry to get back on it.

Don't respond, its just a rant/moan and an update on the bigger thread for those who are interested.
Last edited by brokebryn on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last monthly payment made 3 June 2013 after 6 long years. CC issued 21 August 2013, but, er, lost in the post. Finally got it 17 September.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm
We will respond Bryn - it's bad gthat you still have no answers to this.

Sorry to hear about the car as well - it's not something you need at all at the moment. Sorry that your health is shot as well.

Email Gemma Burton who now posts on here from Payplan (details in the usual place) and see if she can get back to you tomorrow.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm
Thanks for the advice and Payplan contact Jan, but I'm just not interested any more.

The experience taught me a lot about these people and their practices.
Last edited by brokebryn on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last monthly payment made 3 June 2013 after 6 long years. CC issued 21 August 2013, but, er, lost in the post. Finally got it 17 September.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:07 pm
You can't give up!!! Keep on at them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm
No, not going to happen. They just ignored it. The proverbial banging of the head against the brick wall. Just no point in pursuing it. Besides, after a while all manner of conspiracy theories take over. Now half of me wishes I had just kept my mouth shut. All that has come of it is: a) nothing for me or anybody else in the same position; b) crap publicity for Payplan - and a lot of it. You do the maths, as they say.
Last edited by brokebryn on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:14 pm
Keep at them,you shouldn't have to and its very poor customer service from payplan!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 pm
Start a complaint Bryn - go through the internal complaints procedure first and threaten to take it further.
Bob Marley.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:18 pm
It's also a question of self-respect - there is precious little of that left anyhow when you get yourself into such financial trouble that you have to take out an IVA, but I am not going to keep petitioning them like some sort of ****ing beggar.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:21 pm
You should hold your head up high - you have your rights and need to make sure that you get things sorted out. No point in giving up, you've let them win if you do.
Bob Marley.

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 pm
hi, we've been thinking of you. glad you posted about PAYPLAN again,this is awful.

makes us feel so glad we didn't use them(we went to the CAB 1st,they refer people onto Payplan).

thankfully we researched & went with Melanie Giles.

come on PAYPLAN.this need sorting out!
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 pm
How awful for you, hope they get their act together soon and sort this out for you
Steven & Debbie

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm
You should start a complaint - no company should be allowed to just ignore queries so please don't give up.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 am
Hi Brokebryn,

I read you previous posts regarding the issue and feel that it is disgusting that this has still not been sorted out. I even called my iP to check out our agreement !

I know you probably have just had enough, but at the risk of sounding like a sheep, I agree with everyone in saying you cannot give up. You have rights to get the answers you need to get this sorted.

All this and your car worries must surely being making you feel stressed, which is not good !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am
What is all this stuff about having 'rights'? Under English law, yes, I agree, we all have them, but if a company wishes to ignore you, despite the significance of the issue to you and yours, then they are simply exercising their 'right' to silence. That's the end of it. Where is the 'Bill of IVA client rights' LMAO. I already saw the IP code of practice, esp paras 35-6, so if this goes pear shaped for me I hope you will all contribute to the costs for the court case = er, that's irony lol.....it's just the usual ****: if you don't have money or friends in high places - you are up **** creek without a paddle. End of.
Last edited by brokebryn on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:00 am
I really do hope that Gemma, the newest Payplan representative on the forum, will be looking in tomorrow and be able to assist you, although from other posts she has made it seems that she may have to refer back to the IPs in any case. I am sure that she will be concerned to note that your complaint has still not been resolved, and will do all she can to persuade your particular IP to deal with the issue with you personally and directly. No firm should be getting publicity like this at the end of the day, and I am concerned to note how worried this is making you and the effect it is having on your day to day life and family.

I will repeat that I think it is highly unlikely that anyone will want to see you made bankrupt at this stage of the IVA, but we do need to understand why this provision is being inserted into variation reports when it appears that it is unecessary.

Over to Gemma .....
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
108 posts Page 1 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”