When your child turns 18

12 posts Page 1 of 1

thanna

Post by thanna » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:23 pm
What happens when your children turn 18 in an iva if they;re at colledge are you still allowed to include them?food utilities ect[?]

neil277

Post by neil277 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Hi

Yes they are up untill the day they leave colledge or uni.

Regards.

Neil

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:46 pm
Mine will be 20 next week (where did all that time go?) She is in halls at the moment and so I don't think she figures on our I&E at the moment.

I don't know what will happen next year as she will be living back at home for her 3rd year. Part of her student loan is to cover living expenses, but we never took any off her when she lived at home in her first year. She used to give me so much and I used to save it for her so she did't spend it all.

I presume she will be expected to pay us board and lodging next year, will I have to declare this?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Hi Kallis3 my son was paying me £50 per week board and lodge right up until last week, when he moved out! My I&E was worked out taking his money into consideration now not sure what I'm going to do. I've told my IP and we're going to chat again in a couple of weeks when things have settled (we argued, he moved out!) he's got himself a flat already though and moved in last Friday so I know he's not coming back. Only hope we can work something out as I really do not want to go bankrupt, I want to continue with my IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:00 pm
Gosh Lesley, £200 per month is an awful lot to lose! I am so sorry that you have had such an enormous row, it is so difficult when you have grown up kids living with you. Mine couldn't afford to move out yet, even if she wanted to.

When is your next I&E due? I'm sure you can work things out, after all your creditors can't expect your kids to stay with you forever.

I hope you have settled your differences with your son. Life's too short.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:55 pm
Differences are sorted, we didn't really have a row more of a difference of opinion, some shouting done but straight after we were ok, the next day he took it upon himself to move out. Next I & E I'm guessing is Feb 09 year after acceptance, but like I say I've informed Melanie and I hope to sort something prior to that. He drank too much and had been warned on lots of occasion re the house security and his personal security but he is convinced he's invisible! Like they do!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 pm
Glad you are sorted, but it doesn't really help your predicament does it?

I know what you mean about kids though - mine thinks money grows on trees!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:49 pm
Doesn't right now Kallis but like I say I'll speak to Melanie next week and hopefully there is a way forward. I've had a rough time lately since IVA acceptance so I'm convinced it's got to start getting better soon by the law of averages!

TREES57

Post by TREES57 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm
Hey Kallis3, i wish it did!!! lol
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE !!

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:49 pm
lesley, i'm sure Melanie will try her best to help you!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

thanna

Post by thanna » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm
Thanx guys i;ll not worry too much as he doesnt turn 18 til sept then hes another year of his a levels to go.Do we ever stop worrying about them though KIDS EH!!!When ther;re small you worry ,then theres school,teenage years,then they leave the nest and you still worry[:D]

thanna

Post by thanna » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:57 pm
Lesley ive just read your blog i think everybody on here can connect with how you end up in an iva,but a funnier connection was the clothes comment i too have things in the wardrobe that if i lost weight i;d be flying .Is this a womens thing?[:D]
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”