Where can i apply for a mortgage

6 posts Page 1 of 1

gary cooke

Post by gary cooke » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 am
Are there any places i could get a mortgage now my IVA is nearly over, ie i have just had the variation approved, whatever that means. I am desperate to get a mortgage and have no idea where i can apply for one.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am
Hi, until you get that all important completion certificate and get the credit files cleared up, I feel it will be nigh on impossile to source a mortgage.

However, post IVA we have lots of success stories and two people who help many posters of ours are Ryan and Shaun and their contact details can be found to the left in the ask experts a question link (scroll down). I'm sure they won't mind chatting to you about your options and what needs to be done.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

gary cooke

Post by gary cooke » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:16 am
Thank you for getting back to me, getting use to the site and only just seen your reply.I wish i had found this site years ago instead of going through that thinking i was the only one in the world in debt with an IVA

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am
Good that you have found it now. We were very lucky to find the forum before we spoke to anyone and I have had loads of help from getting payment breaks, car leasing and getting a dog!!

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm
I was wondering about this very question that many members of the forum only seem to surface near the end of their IVA, is it just because we didn't know it existed or we didn't look due to the societies perceived understanding of financial failure, rather than we accepted the situation and decided to do something about it, just a muse across my mind..

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:45 am
Give Ryan or Shaun a call (or both) .... They will be able to give you clear understanding of when the time is right to apply for a mortgage .... Having used Ryan myself I know his advise was to ensure all the credit reports from the three main agencies were clear of all,defaults and mention to iva. Good luck
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”