Who do I complain to about the service I am NOT getting from DFD.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 2 of 2

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 pm
As you can see from what I'm complaining about the DFD miss conduct of my iva,
If anybody can help me ie solicitor to take them on for the service they are not supplying please contact me and I will run through the details and also send a copy of the origanal contract with them not their new one....
It's been nearly seven years now and to be honest they are taking the p.......
So this is why I'm asking for legal assistance as I think what they are doing must be illegal and I'm sure if I start this ball rolling I can help others in what I think is unfair conduct .

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:48 pm
Dear Jason.66, maximoose & jimbob1981

Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.

Speak soon.

Thanks,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:58 am
Yet again I'm awaiting contact from the above ,person who contacted me on the 8th and said a decision would be made after a few amendments to creditors within 24hrs,
Still wait !
I'm with DFD ,debt Free Direct.
Now nearly seven years ,
I can not remortgage or move on in life .

Jason.66

Post by Jason.66 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 am
Just an update for those who follow this link ...
I feel as though I have been forced to sign what seems to be another contract other than that that was agreed in my origanal iva contract,they say it's to do with PPI ,seems to me like they are giving an open contract like never never,
I have asked for full explanation and they always skirt around the answer ,but I did notice there fees have gone up ...
From the origanal contract fees....
So I'm not sure if sending this new contract back is a good thing to do or not ,But I willlet you all know what happens ...

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 pm
I get the jist of your grievance ,I still advocate close co operation with DFD and not burn bridges with them.

There are no intermedaries like ombudsmen in these disputed matters which is part of the problem.Iva are now getting complicated affairs when equity and PPI are factored in.

Ips transparency is questionable as they represent both sides??
Last edited by TzeKin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe.21

Post by Joe.21 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi Jason

I know exactly what you mean, we settled our iva in oct 2013 and completed all PPI, and i have been told it will takes months to get our completion certificate as we have refused the new terms and conditions and the deed of assignment (as they said it was optional) now I am being told that we cant complete unless we sign yet they wont send me that in writting?? a little suspicious I think.....
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Jason.66

Just an update for those who follow this link ...
I feel as though I have been forced to sign what seems to be another contract other than that that was agreed in my origanal iva contract,they say it's to do with PPI ,seems to me like they are giving an open contract like never never,
I have asked for full explanation and they always skirt around the answer ,but I did notice there fees have gone up ...
From the origanal contract fees....
So I'm not sure if sending this new contract back is a good thing to do or not ,But I willlet you all know what happens ...

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:18 pm
I just had the email! Feel a bit numb, have emailed credifix to see if i can get a contact to discuss my wages query

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:21 pm
Fingers crossed, recovering. Let us know how you go.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Nigel not happy

Post by Nigel not happy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 pm
Communication from DFD is a joke, we have been in ours for 6 years due to end in October, started in 2011, have had issues with them since a (first) review in 2014!! when they decided to virtually double our payment from £177, we queried this had a few phone calls then nothing for nearly a year, we have had major upsets on the family front ending up with our 28 yo son ending up back with us and grandson every other weekend by court order, get a letter June 2015 stating in arrears (never missed a payment) contacted DFD told to do a income/expenditure review (again) got all paperwork requested (took a bit as all paperless - saves money) and mailed it off and waited, and waited (during 1 phone call stated never received it, in call this year then claimed they did in the August), we get what looked like a statement of payments to creditors towards year end 2016, next in the January this year we get a letter stating they were happy with our conduct and will be sending our certificate out within 2 months, we leave it 3 months and then the wife tries a phone call (during this period we find the telephone numbers that we had dont work, we had to search internet for one that did, seems to be missing off letters as well) and is told we are in £4000 in arrears but the person we need to talk to is not there and they will get them to call back (talking of later call backs, we have arranged times and sat by the phone for hours, one case 2 hours by then we had to return grandson and found a missed call on the machine), nothing and so I email them, after nothing comes back from the completion team I send a blanket email to all DFD email addresses I could find including the Fairpoint ones, eventually get an email stating the letter was sent in error and they have put measures in place to stop it happening again, at the same time we also get in touch with Citizens advice for help and they send a letter on our behalf, also on their advice due to poor phone communications to send a letter stating that all communication be via mail, this letter was sent via signed for service, this seemed to stir them up, I also went on the ombudsman website and found the procedure for complaint and raised one with DFD this also stirred things up, we returned to Citizens advice and they rang it took 20 minutes to get through to a human, DFD now have opened up a secure webmail account and have since on several calls told us our arrears were £5000, then £6000, after agreeing to do another income review they then say we are now £8000 in arrears (oh by the way we never stopped paying during 2017, later to find out they stopped receiving payments (inline with the certificate issue timeline) in March.
So now they want us to pay £371 a month and to extend term for at least another year maybe more and plus another year as they reckon we have equity in the house but cant release it.
They did in one phone call suggest we could end things early if we could get someone/family to lend us £8000+ funny seeing as how we cannot take out a loan.
Anyway to end with, we had £15000 of debt and in a poor paid job at the time, got a better job but family screwed that benefit up having to keep our son by now suffering from depression and losing jobs through it, as it now stands with DFD they state we now owe £8000 in arrears but in our reckoning we have paid over £12000 which leaves £3000 of original debt left and if our payments had continued that would be down to £1000, so with what we have paid and the arrears we now have a total debt of over £20000, how is this writing off our debt when it goes up, but as DFD are only paying 41p to the pound to our creditors it means they have made approx. £6000 out of us so far for such a splendid service.
I will be taking my complaint to the ombudsman as I have only had a polite acknowledgement back from their complaints team (one who seems to follow this post) over a month ago - I don't know how long "due course" is supposed to last

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 am
Nigel not happy wrote:
Communication from DFD is a joke, we have been in ours for 6 years due to end in October, started in 2011, have had issues with them since a (first) review in 2014!! when they decided to virtually double our payment from £177, we queried this had a few phone calls then nothing for nearly a year, we have had major upsets on the family front ending up with our 28 yo son ending up back with us and grandson every other weekend by court order, get a letter June 2015 stating in arrears (never missed a payment) contacted DFD told to do a income/expenditure review (again) got all paperwork requested (took a bit as all paperless - saves money) and mailed it off and waited, and waited (during 1 phone call stated never received it, in call this year then claimed they did in the August), we get what looked like a statement of payments to creditors towards year end 2016, next in the January this year we get a letter stating they were happy with our conduct and will be sending our certificate out within 2 months, we leave it 3 months and then the wife tries a phone call (during this period we find the telephone numbers that we had dont work, we had to search internet for one that did, seems to be missing off letters as well) and is told we are in £4000 in arrears but the person we need to talk to is not there and they will get them to call back (talking of later call backs, we have arranged times and sat by the phone for hours, one case 2 hours by then we had to return grandson and found a missed call on the machine), nothing and so I email them, after nothing comes back from the completion team I send a blanket email to all DFD email addresses I could find including the Fairpoint ones, eventually get an email stating the letter was sent in error and they have put measures in place to stop it happening again, at the same time we also get in touch with Citizens advice for help and they send a letter on our behalf, also on their advice due to poor phone communications to send a letter stating that all communication be via mail, this letter was sent via signed for service, this seemed to stir them up, I also went on the ombudsman website and found the procedure for complaint and raised one with DFD this also stirred things up, we returned to Citizens advice and they rang it took 20 minutes to get through to a human, DFD now have opened up a secure webmail account and have since on several calls told us our arrears were £5000, then £6000, after agreeing to do another income review they then say we are now £8000 in arrears (oh by the way we never stopped paying during 2017, later to find out they stopped receiving payments (inline with the certificate issue timeline) in March.
So now they want us to pay £371 a month and to extend term for at least another year maybe more and plus another year as they reckon we have equity in the house but cant release it.
They did in one phone call suggest we could end things early if we could get someone/family to lend us £8000+ funny seeing as how we cannot take out a loan.
Anyway to end with, we had £15000 of debt and in a poor paid job at the time, got a better job but family screwed that benefit up having to keep our son by now suffering from depression and losing jobs through it, as it now stands with DFD they state we now owe £8000 in arrears but in our reckoning we have paid over £12000 which leaves £3000 of original debt left and if our payments had continued that would be down to £1000, so with what we have paid and the arrears we now have a total debt of over £20000, how is this writing off our debt when it goes up, but as DFD are only paying 41p to the pound to our creditors it means they have made approx. £6000 out of us so far for such a splendid service.
I will be taking my complaint to the ombudsman as I have only had a polite acknowledgement back from their complaints team (one who seems to follow this post) over a month ago - I don't know how long "due course" is supposed to last

Normally a complaint has to be made through the firms internal complaints division first ---- you have tried this and are getting nowhere, so you can escalate the complaint to their regulators via the Government Gateway here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

As regards time limits -- I would say 28 days is ample for a response and you should make this stipulation in correspondence.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”