Who would you Recommend ?

24 posts Page 1 of 2

Holly_madi

Post by Holly_madi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:19 pm
Hey,

I have been doing my Research on IVA's and have found there are so many companies around im finding it difficult in choosing who to go with? Can anyone recommend a good IVA company?
Thank You

douglass

Post by douglass » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:23 pm
Hi Holly, lots of people on here recommend Melanie Giles - she has been an IP for in excess of 20 years, and is a major contributor to this site. Please also remember to ask about upfront fees etc. Hope this helps. D.

iva.com

Post by iva.com » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 pm
Hi Holly,

If you are looking for an IVA firm you might find our web site useful. We maintain a list of IVA firms and IPs and publish client reviews of the services that they provide.

We recommend looking at several firms before choosing which to work with.

All the best for your search.

Kind regards,
Terry Balfour
IVA.com

IVA.com - The IVA Comparison Site
100s of reviews, All IPs and IVA firms rated.

Use our IVA firm comparison tool to find best IVA firm for you:
http://www.iva.com/iva_comparison_1.asp
IVA.com - The IVA Comparison Site
100s of reviews, All IPs and IVA firms rated.

Use our IVA firm comparison tool to find best IVA firm for you:
http://www.iva.com/iva_comparison_1.asp

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 pm
Clear START. I had a great case worker called Alexi that built my case up for the IP. Fantastic support al the way.

They are now part of Debt Free Direct.Try them too.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:27 pm
theres freeman jones holly theres no upfront fees with them

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:31 pm
Hiya xx I went through Grant Thornton and was totally satisfied.

this might help...http://www.iva.com/

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:33 pm
The most important point to take on is can you build a good relationship with this person.

In many ways it is a form of marriage so I would try and meet at least 3 people and see whether there is a basis of building a good relationship. After all they will be supervising you.

Don't rush into it and you have a few weeks to make your decision.

Before you go into the meetings get a full list of all your debts and try and prepare a budget and possibly a cash flow showing how you make your IVA and possibly mortgage payments. Also be realistic in your living expenditure.

In that way the IP can assess your position effectively.

I would also say you can always post on here to assist you and if you are unsure do come back and talk to us as we have lots of experience.

A final point , one I learn't is that IVA's are not set in stone and do evolve so you have to have a flexible mind!

Good Luck

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 pm
I would recommend going to a smaller IP practice and not one of the big IVA 'factories' where you will be just another number.

One very important point - steer clear of a company called Synergy. They have caused a lot of heartache to people on this forum - read Scaredkez and Coco's blogs.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:51 pm
skippy could holly be put on a dmp program and then wait for these sivas to come out

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:51 pm
Holi, phone at least 3 companies for advice - that way you'll get a balanced view.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm
I think Holly could use a DMP until the SIVA's are available, but I don't know enough about them.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Holly_madi

Post by Holly_madi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:15 pm
Hey thanks for all the advice its good to take on board every ones opinions. Whats the difference between an IVA and a SIVA?

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:23 pm
a siva is a simple iva and a iva is much stonger one but sivas are not out yet but should be coming soon the diffence is a siva would be offered to creditors for those people who dont have eought debt eg £25k while a siva you would need debts a lot less then £25k the best person to speak to is melanie giles

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:37 pm
but if you fail a siva might you could do a normal iva
on ivas holly you get 3 breachs over the 5 years if you keep paying into the iva for 60 months you will be debt free creditors will want you to hand over overtime money as they will want 50% or that and any bonus if you have savings accounts they will be a asset and you must tell a ip about it but one good thing about ivas you pay back as much as you can aford to pay creditors and they will write the rest of it of and then debt free the other good side is that if you have a lump of money all of it will have to go to creditors to see if they will accept that as full and final payment if they say yes you will then need to update your credit file but if you do a iva holly you will find it very hard to get things things like sky tv contract mobile phones and bank accounts for 6 years 5 years of that you do the iva and the 12 months later it comes of your credit file

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:47 pm
want i mean holly about the lump of money in your case if you went down the post office got a scatch card and won £15k you would offer that as full and final payment or less if you can

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postbag for september”