Wieght lifted feels great

28 posts Page 1 of 2

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Hi all

Just to get up to date I have had a brilliant day and am actually feeling great right now.

Very busy day, went to see council about the baliff and to cut a long story short, they owe me money. I was going to say this and that when I got there, spit venom, but guess what I didnt. I explained my stress and was quite upset and they are going to send me a letter of appology and prong some debt company backsides, big time.

Went to lunch with my sister and although we are sad, and still have a lot of tough stuff to do, we decided to stuff it all and have a little giggle about things generally. it wassuch a relief to laugh.

I spoke to money advisor and was told that the DMP would succeed until funds are available from my moms will, then payplan will propose a lump sum IVA. I do realise that the creditors can still hound me but as my adviser correctly said, there is no point in taking court action because they can see from the figures, I cannot afford any more that the token payments that were left at the end of the statement.

A lot of tears have gone under the bridge since I joined and I know there is greif and stress to go through. For now I am so lightened, cannot explain it, I just feel great.

I am back on the IVA route and Lily is on the road to freedom.

Thank you all for your wonderful support, your virtual hugs and this fantastic releif.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:39 pm
Your Mum would be proud of you!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.
View my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:42 pm
lilly i am so pleased everything is a bit brighter for you today, you really deserve it.
i am laughing to myself that they actually owe you money imagine the egg on the face if they had actually took action.
everything will work out well for you in the end and you are safe in the knowledge that your mum has got her wish that you don't go BR, i am so pleased, i hope you can now start to get a bit of normality back into your life.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:47 pm
I'm so pleased for you Lily - things are going to work out for you. We both have our guardian angels looking after us - your mum is looking after you the same way as my dad looks after me.

Three down, fifty seven to go until freedom!

Helhan

Post by Helhan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:52 pm
Hi
So pleased for you, I have been reading your posts and thinking of you and your situation.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out for you.
Helhan[:)]

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:53 pm
i am happy to hear this.

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:19 pm
thanks all

Oh Skippy you are making me cry, I had to be really strong today to go through the statement with the advisor, also met the potential IP, they were just fantastic with me. My mom said that she wanted to help me through this. I will be able to keep my ring also. I had better go now, I am in danger of bursting into song, the neighbors will think I am mad.

LILY
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:43 am
I'm sorry Lily, I didn't mean to make you cry! I'm so glad you are keeping your mum's ring. Sing if you want - there is too much unhappiness in the world - who cares what the neighbours think!

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 am
Thats OK skippy, I need to cry sometimes. My mom is doing now, what | wouldnt let her do before.

Mommy I miss you so much and I will love you forever, you were extra special for all of us.
thank you

Your Lily

LILY
LILY

razamataz_

Post by razamataz_ » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:55 am
Hi Lily,
Now you brought tears to my eyes! Great stuff lets all have a good cry!! So pleased that at least one part of your grief is dealt with and it's like Melanie had said that she thought you would be ok.At least you got your sister to share it with.Mum got her wish for you and tho' it's sad it was meant to be for you, and you will never forget it all and your future will be all the brighter for your experiences of these lessons.Life has such a rich tapestry for us all.
God bless we are all thinking of you.
raza
freelili wrote:

Thats OK skippy, I need to cry sometimes. My mom is doing now, what | wouldnt let her do before.

Mommy I miss you so much and I will love you forever, you were extra special for all of us.
thank you

Your Lily

LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:20 pm
Oh Lily, you've got me at it now! Make sure you do cry and grieve - I didn't, and I wish I had - life might have turned out differently.

Take care xxx

DebtDummy

Post by DebtDummy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:31 pm
Lilli I am so happy for you. Sounds like things are going to get better and better for you in 2007 and you deserve them all.Glad to here you can keep your ring too.

Take care.

All I have left is my humour. :)
All I have left is my humour. :)

View my blog http://www.debtdummybankruwoman.blogs.iva.co.uk.

MAY2006

Post by MAY2006 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:01 am
Im so happy that things are finally working out for you Lily, I have always read your posts and though you have been going through a dreadful time you have always had a kind word or good advise for people.

Melanie is right that your mum would have been proud of you, she did a fantastic job in bringing up her daughter.

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:26 pm
Thank you m6, I really appreciate it and so would my mom.
I am just begining the painful process of clearing moms house ready for sale, it has made me think a lot. I would like to share this with all of you.

My mom and Dad had very little, they met becasue moms sister lily had died from cancer at 19. Her brother was on the same navy ship as Dad and he wrote to mom as her brother was too busy to go for a drink, having too many letters to write home.

Anyway they married had kids and had nothing, just ordinary people, bringing up kids, they bought a tent, we went away doing very simple things and the sun always seemed to shine. Dad was an engineer and had buisness, it failed, they started again and made it. They had really hard times, we really didnt have much in material terms. All I remember is them smiling, the walks, togetherness,the fun at no cost. Ok so mom and dad worked hard, I rememver that, they eventually had things, there are expensive things now but the most treasured we have found locked away so far are; little pencil sharpener that dad bought mom from wales, two ugly little frogs that my sister bought when she was seven, my graduation order of service,etc. All I can remember is her smiling, through it all the good and the bad. Her sense of humour was fantastic.

My point is that whatever life throws, its how you deal with it that is important, I had suicidal thoughts when I first joined this forum. I felt so ashamed and a failure. Irs not important anymore, not because I will have the money but because its not what is important in life. It costs nothing to smile, go for a walk and have a race with your kids, so smile people and leave behind what I have. Treasured memories of a childhood in which even when my parents lost everything, they made it into an adventure and smiled through it all. They were probably scared but I always felt secure. It has taken me thirty five years to realise what really matters. I hope you wont all think that I have gone too sloppy, well maybe I have but listen people, you are all important to your families, so have a jumping up and down competiotion and see who lasts the longest?

You are all important to me and I know that I would never be able to have faced all this without your support, its been fantastic. Specail thoughts go out to Zoe, Kerri and Illihor.

LILY

PS I will phone the asylum in the morning I promise.
Last edited by freelili on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:51 pm
That is a lovely post Lily, and it's so true. Money isn't the most important thing in life. My uncle has terminal cancer and doesn't have long. He and his wife weren't wealthy, but had worked hard for what they have and were comfortable, but money means nothing to them now. I have many happy memories of my uncle, and of my dad, and they are worth more to me than money.

28 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “IVA postbag for january”