Will all the CSA have to go into an iva?

6 posts Page 1 of 1

emmas

Post by emmas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:05 pm
I am currently going through with a IVA and have a claim put in with the CSA for my son's father to pay towards his upbringing. Will all of the money i get from this have to go towards the monthly payments? Even the back dated money?

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Hello

When I applied for an IVA my CSA was used in the calculations, are you just thinking about it or are you already with a company? I cannot answer the questions regarding backpay, as this was not the case for me.

If you are thinking about going down the IVA route make sure you talk to several companies before deciding, its so easy to jump in with the first company that offers a sympathetic ear and a solution to your debts, but some people have had bad experiences with paying up front fees.

I am sure that if you post some more details about your circumstances, this very friendly and helpful bunch of people and esperts will come forward and reply to you.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

jamesfalla

Post by jamesfalla » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:01 pm
Hi Emmas

Are you currently in an IVA or just in the application process?

If you are currently in an IVA and then start to receive maintenance payments you will need to make these known to the Insolvency Practitioner. They will then have to re-assess your circumstances and decide whether you can afford to repay more to your creditors.

If you receive a lump sum in back payments, you may end up having to give over at least some of this to the creditors. After all, they will argue that if you have been receieving these moneys in the first place, then you would not have have to continue to borrow so much from them. As such, their view is that the back payment is really their money

James Falla

Expert in IVA, Bankruptcy and informal Debt Management solutions, with extensive experience of solving personal debt problems over the past 10 years. I am regularly featured on BBC News, Finance Programs and Radio.

Visit my blog at: http://jamesfalla.blogs.iva.co.uk
James Falla

Expert in IVA, Bankruptcy and informal Debt Management solutions for over 10 years.

For more information visit www.jamesfalla.com and visit my blog at: http://jamesfalla.blogs.iva.co.uk

emmas

Post by emmas » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 pm
Thanks for the advice, still could take a while but just wanted to know. Not actually in a IVA yet just going through final paperwork before meeting. Had a company reccommended but not sure which is a good one and which is a bad one. Is there actually alot of difference between companies?

neverending

Post by neverending » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 pm
Yes there is !!!!
What company are you going with ??
Andy Davie

emmas

Post by emmas » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:30 am
Hi.
The one i have alot of dealing with up to now is Blair Endersby.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for january”