Will be doing a IVA in the next few days

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

PHILIP72

Post by PHILIP72 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm
HI WILL BE DOING A IVA IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
I LIVE NEAR CHESTER. CAN ANT ONE RECOMEND SOMEONE FOR ME.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 pm
Hi,

You don't have to have an IP who lives near to you as you do not have to meet with them unless you are self employed.

I recommend that you visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring, and they will give you free and impartial advice about all the options open to you and the best way forward for your circumstances.

An IVA is decided upon many things, income, level of debt and disposbable income. An IP will advise after finding out all of these things.

Can I ask you to post in lower case please? Capitals are classed as shouting.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:27 pm
the link Kallis suggests is a good way of looking for IP's. Professionals on this forum give good advice and support. I was advised to look at 2 or 3 so that I felt comfortable with who I went with. Best advice was make sure anyone in the company you speak to makes you feel as comfortable as you will be with them for a while. I went with the company that gave me realistic advice not just what I wanted to hear- if that makes sense.
Elizabeth

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:44 pm
David Mond's offices are in Timperley - so if you are looking for someone in the North West he is local. Alternatively, you may decide you do not need to meet your IP personally (can only do this if you are not self-employed) so anywhere in the country could also work well.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun May 03, 2009 6:33 pm
Philip72 - you can contact us here at ClearDebt as Chester is not too far away. Thanks Melanie for this recommendation.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”