will we lose our home?

25 posts Page 2 of 2

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 14, 2008 11:16 pm
Excellent news! Take all of the papers with you - especially anything you have surrounding you going joint on the mortgage. Also a statement of your income and expenditure - including your husband's salary and outgoings will be very useful for your caseworker.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

julie08

Post by julie08 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:22 pm
you are such a wonderful lady , you are genuinely concerned for others misfortunes in their bad times, unfortunatley melanie i dont have much paper work to hand as we had a fire june last year , the only paper work i have now is the copies the trustee karen gribble has sent me ie, when we took the mortgage ,when we took out a loan and all the other bits when i was made bankrupt what the house is worth etc , i will take thi along with me along with my wage slips , i dont have hubbys wage slips as he works away in guernsey

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 14, 2008 11:31 pm
Thanks for your thoughts Julie - they do mean a lot to me!

If you cannot put the actual paperwork to hand, it would be sensible to write out a chronology of events which led up to the current situation. Can I make a few suggestions for points you ought to mention:-

Date you purchased first property
Date you sold property
Date you met your husband
Date you moved in together
Date you got married
Date of re-mortgage putting you jointly on loan
Did you, or were you offered, independent legal advice about the implications of you going joint with your hubby on the mortgage?
Summary of your working histroy - with details of salary earned
Same for you husband
Do you have separate bank accounts? If so who pays for what?
Value of property when you moved in with hubby
Price hubby originally paid for property
Current value of property
Amount outstanding to mortgage company

At the end of the day this may not be successful for you, but quite genuinely most IPs are not put on this earth to take something that they are not entitled to - so co-operate with your IP and assure her that you are treating her claim seriously whilst taking independent legal advice.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 pm
Julie, I just wanted to wish you good luck for your meeting tomorrow. I hope you can move forward with this as you are obviously very upset. Please remember that you and your husband are much more important than these issues. I think a lot of people in debt have arguments with loved ones. You are not alone, you are stressed out. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel, keep reading and posting on the forum as you need support to get you through...from others going through the same nightmare. Your dark thoughts will disappear, I promise. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

julie08

Post by julie08 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:44 pm
thankyou melanie i think i can remember most of what you said i should write down, god i wish i wasnt born right now, but i cant bury my head in the sand and hope this is going to go awa , i have no fight in me any more, i think i know in my heart of hearts we are going to lose the house when it goes to court 30th may ( omg its so close)xx

julie08

Post by julie08 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:49 pm
thankyou viki, you dont realise how many people are going through bad times until you come here and get such lovely warm genuine people , i dont even know how i came across this site , it was a miracle , my tummy is in knots , i go to work and am a million miles away in my bad thoughts , auto pilot i think they call it isnt it ?i cant even answer my mobile to my hubby much as i dread another fight , him telling me to stop going on and on about losing the house then the silence then him saying oh im going bye , the stress is killing my marriage also , i just want to go under some rock and die xx

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 15, 2008 1:13 am
Julie

You have to be strong about this and find some inner fight! It is in there trust me. Even if the worst comes to the worst, and I really don't think it will, and your house is possessed and sold - it is bricks and mortar. Your home is far more important than your house. And a home can be anywhere - owned or rented, and is where your hubby comes home to every weekend (I assume!). Please don't let this thing eat away at your relationship, it really is not worth it.

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Fri May 16, 2008 8:43 am
Melanie is right Julie,
The inportant thing is family!!
Speak to Melanie and get the details of the solicitor. Mine has been great, completely un-judgemental and has a wonderfully soothing manner. You will begin to feel better immediately.
Remember it won't cast anything for an initial conversation and might possible save your home.
Melanie is very wise and honest, take her advice it is good!

It feels good to know that you are in the hands of a professional and they have heard it all before.

Remember, you and your family are what is important!!

julie08

Post by julie08 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:00 pm
hello all , well i went to cab and they said it had gone to far for them to do anything about it now , so you can imagine i was in floods of tears , then today i came home to an email from the trustee saying .... she hadnt yet recieved the valuations and stresses that she dosent want us to lose our home so is willing to take a lump sum and monthly payments , how good is that , it feels like the biggest weight has been lifted from my shoulders, as what i didnt tell you all was that 7 months ago myself and hubby were on holiday in turkey and came back to discover our house had been on fire , it has taken us this long to get in some what like home again along with the insurance company , and i have been down so many dark roads never seeming like i would see any light , but today i have just looked up and said THANKYOU GOD AND THANKYOU DAD you are watching over me , thankyou for all your kind words of support they really did mean so much to me xxx

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 pm
julie i am so glad that you have had some positive news! hopefully thinks are looking up for you now! i am so relieved for you!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “meeting the OR”