working abroad when bankrupt

2 posts Page 1 of 1

dave.t

Post by dave.t » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:15 pm
when i declare myself bankrupt,would i be allowed work abroard either voluntary or not?,within the first year and will things return to normal after a year or 3 years, i,ve heard conflicting stories about paying money back
would appreciate your help thank you

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Yes, you will be able to work abroad. The OR doesn't restrict your movements, although you would need to keep them informed of your address.

Unless the OR applies for a bankruptcy restriction order or undertaking (BRO or BRU) you will be discharged from bankruptcy after one year. This means that you are no longer subject to bankruptcy restrictions, although if asked if you have ever been bankrupt you must declare it. If you have any surplus income you will be required to pay a percentage of this into an income payments agreement (IPA). This lasts for 3 years from the date of your first payment. I have listed all the details of my IPA in my blog.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”