Working in Cash Handling

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 pm
I have been on gardening leave for the last 10weeks and thankfully I am able to seek new employment and have encountered a scenario I hadnt considered.

Does anyone have any experience in working in this sector whilst in an IVA?

Whilst the role does not involve me handling cash, basically it involves managing the operations of a security depot. I have progressed to the final stage and now they want details of my financial situation! Which I hadnt considered prior to applying...!

Slightly shocked that this is a requirement of working in his sector and whislt I have no criminal record, is there a potential suggestion that because I am in an IVA I pose a risk to working in this environment? It feels like a real intrusion into my privacy and rather than get rejected because of this I am considering withdrawing from the application process.

Sorry for the ramble... but any ideas/experiences would be appreciated.

Thankfully the above is not a requirement of my prefered choice of role and this is 80% secured.
Last edited by Adam16 on Fri May 29, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50 months down 22 to go!

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat May 30, 2009 8:34 am
Hi Adam,

Unfortunately some companies will ask you to disclose if you are BR or in an IVA. Complete the questions honestly and add comments, of how you are managing your finances and in no way does it affect your ability to fulfill the role.

I'm sure its only matter of time before some claims discrimination due to being in an IVA etc. I know if I thought I didn't get a job because of this reason, I'd certainly challenge it.

Good luck xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 am
I agree with Julie that it is best to be open and honest with your prospective employers.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 pm
I withdrew from the role in the end.

But today I secured my preferred role. So over the moon [:)]
50 months down 22 to go!

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 pm
congratulations, really pleased that you have got your preffered post.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 pm
Great news Adam - well done and good luck in the new job.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

wonder

Post by wonder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 pm
Thats good that you got new job, bad that you had to declare your iva for other job. Good luck in the new job.
Life goes on!!

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:48 am
Thanks for the best wishes.

I start on the 22nd, and whilst June will be a painfully tight month due to a short gap in salary, I will be able to make the payment into my IVA which is a really important step. This is due to the rainy day money I saved in the lead upto my IVA being accepted.

Even this scenario reflects a real change in my money management from before. I just need to get myself back into a routine after so long being at home. I think the dog will be rather lonely!
Last edited by Adam16 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
50 months down 22 to go!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 pm
Poor dog![:D] I'm sure he/she will be fine.

Hope it all goes ok - I had four months off sick at the beginning of the year, so know how hard it is to get back into the work ethic!
Bob Marley.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “self employed and company/business”