worried that IVA will go into default

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

orange

Post by orange » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm
I am 3 years into my current IVA (still seems like a long way to go yet). I have recieved some back pay totalling approx £5k but have spent this on various things including catching up on tha arreas that i got into on my mortgage.

I have not told my IP about this and am worried that we will go into default with the IVA when they find out. Any advise would be greatfully recieved.

Also my IP has asked for copies of my pay sheets for months 1 to 4 of 2008 - does this mean Jan to April?
completed july 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:49 pm
Hi Orange,

It will either mean Jan to April, or could be the first four of the new financial year. I would clarify that with them.

As to your backpay, I think you should probably have told your IP about it as it is a considerable amount of money.

One of the technical experts will be able to advise you more.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 pm
Months 1 to 4 means for April, May, June and July of this year. You may have to pay over some of the backpay to your IVA, so you ought to disclose this to your IP as soon as possible to find out how much (if any) that you do actually owe. It would seem fair to me that some of the money be used to cover mortgage arrears, so don't worry too much about getting into trouble.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”