would be the best company to deal with

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

aaron116

Post by aaron116 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm
i am considering an iva but would like to know who would be the best company to deal with,i have £38000 debt

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 pm
Hi
Speak to several companies/experts and talk through all your options. The firms and experts that post on here are all bona fida
Regards
Andam Davies

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm
I have to agree, speak to several advisors and if you feel you are being "sold" something stay away. When someone offers you a "solution" go through the alternatives with them, the salespeople won't have a clue.
JB

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 pm
I woudl suggest you take a look at www.iva.com for a list of companies and some reviews. The experts link will give you contact details of the professional posters on forum and as Andy says do speak to at least 2 or 3 companies for some free, impartial advice.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kabby3

Post by kabby3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:47 pm
Melanie Giles by a millions miles !!! I didnt use her as I hadnt discovered this forum if I has i would have she is fab!!!! she is brill and gives advice on here when all other ip's are in bed asleep xxx[:I]
Last edited by kabby3 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the slow safe road to success. Personal thanks to Melanie Giles Kallis Skippy Elv5 and all the other wonderful forum friends.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:55 pm
Whilst I do agree with Kabby that Melanie is an excellent IP, I also think that people should take a few opinions before settling on the IP they want to represent them.

Visit www.iva.com and phone a few companies on there for free and impartial advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 pm
I am with Melanie and would definitely recommend talking to her as one of you options as I have found her team fantastic so far, but talk to at least a couple of other firms as well just so you can get a good feel for the advice that is out there.

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 pm
You have made a good start by finding this forum - take the opportunity to read the blogs and postings.
Explore your options
Sound out the Citizens Advice - get an appointment
Try a few larger companies then a few smaller ones.
Commit to nothing.
Build up your knowledge bank and propose cutting questions that if avoided or answered incorrectly will warn you off.
Look for companies that are straight talking/avoid sentiment and flannel/answer all your questions directly/don't try and befriend you or give you manipulated expenditure.
If after initial contact they keep ringing back - avoid its a sell.
Smaller companies rely on their good reputation and you will have possibly more contact with expert IP.
Write down the financial pros/cons involved in each solution. Financially would you be better off in a DMP/BR?
See you the advice compares to the CAB view.
Lastly ring all companies you reject and ask them to delete your file details.

Regards

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 pm
hi aaron welcome to the forum.ive completed a iva so i know a little about the process.i totally agree with andy,you wont go far wrong with the ip,s that post on here,including david mond who has,nt posted for a while but is top drawer.what is important is make sure your expenditures are accurate so you have a reasonable income to live on after your payments.good luck.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 am
An IVA is a personal appointment for the person you choose to represent you. That person will be personally responsible for your case for the full duration of the IVa, and must therefore be accessible to you when this is necessary. I think that this is a good marker of the firm you may eventually choose.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”