wow

19 posts Page 1 of 2

mortified

Post by mortified » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:09 pm
new year resolution was to get rid of credit cards and consolidate.....this uncovered a hideous iceberg.my wife,don t know how she managed its been the worst three months of my life,confessed to attempting to juggle 8 credit cards for a period of 9 yrs! all of which i was blissfully unaware of.i knew i had a credit card with 8k on it and i was sick of making endless minimum payments without it altering so thought enough was enough....this prompted a complete confession/breakdown with the resulting damage summed up to 60 k!!!!needless to say not a happy new year....i would hasten to add that the vast majority of this has arrived by interest on interest on a long term.the morale...never bury your head,it won t go away!...anyway a trip to local c.a.b. happened....nothing but praise for these guys!i was then given my options...none of which great.i chose an iva,and grant thornton were recommended...they set about making me feel more positive,for starts....v.important....i provided all paperwork as requested and my case was set for march. the purpose for this is to let people know that these iva s work if you provide the required info.i have had mine accepted....biggest relief of my life.....with a return to creditors of 9 pence!...so don t worry if you think there is no light,i can t thank grant thornton enough for this...they have literally saved our lives....£1500 a month in minimum payments has now been replaced by 295 per month....miracles do happen....keep the faith.

Paula.bg

Post by Paula.bg » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:16 pm
Glad things have turned out right. It's such a massive relief, isn't it?

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:18 pm
Hi mortified - the hardest bit about about debt is accepting there is an issue. IVA is not easy - but it takes the stress out of constantly worrying about the debt.

Hope your relationship has not suffered to much.

Oh welcome to the forum !!

Best wishes

mortified

Post by mortified » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:19 pm
relief is not the word...my wife has nt slept well for past 5 years,...if anyone has to go through this don t try it alone...a problem shared is a problem halved.

mortified

Post by mortified » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:20 pm
have been on this site for months...its a life saver,always been a lurker but hopefully i can now give positive vibes over iva and grant thornton.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:51 pm
Hi Mortified
Welcome from me too. WELL DONE YOU what a brilliant post, do stick around as you will give so much hope to others who don't know which way to turn..
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

mortified

Post by mortified » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 pm
sincerest thanks everybody...its like a little friendly family on here isnt it.....trying to relieve everybody of their misery...shows human kindness in its nicest form.

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:06 pm
hope you wife is sleeping better now.
nearly all my debt was in my name but we never fell out over it and are now so relieved that theres no pressure to pay back daft sums every month.
our iva finnishes a month after our 30th wedding anniversary so you can guess what a celebration there will be in this house
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:25 pm
Mortified - I'm so glad you posted. Our story almost mirrors yours. I am in the proces sof preparing to do my IVA. Husband has always left financial side to me and I'm afraid I just bought whatever he wanted. Used to be able to afford to pay a lot more than the minimum payment but changes at work has scuppered that. Makes me more confident and well done on getting it accepted!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm
Mortified so glad you're sorted and so glad it's worked out for you with GT.

All the best for the duration of your IVA and hope your journey to debt freedom is a very smooth one. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 pm
Glad everything is ok mortified and keep posting!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kerry1977

Post by kerry1977 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 pm
hi mortified glad it was accepted makes me have hope mine will be accepted too fingers crossed for this wednesday eek! Must be a huge relief to have it sorted at last :-)
kerry x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:08 pm
Good luck Kerry - I am sure you will be ok.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kerry1977

Post by kerry1977 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 pm
im trying not to think about it too much with not alot of success but i guess its a big step to take so naturally we are all nervous and worried at this stage would like wednesday to arrive asap though lol
kerry x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:12 pm
It is a big step but believe me, the relief when you are accepted is second to none.

Best thing I ever did.

Keep posting for support between now and then, there is usually someone around for a virtual hug!
Bob Marley.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for february”