xmas while in DMP

7 posts Page 1 of 1

s_cs

Post by s_cs » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:35 pm
i have to say that being in a DMP was the best decision i could of made. i have bought all goods with cash and the feeling is wonderful. i know it will be a long process but am pleased i have made a decision to do something about it which will allow me to lead a good life.

happy xmas to all

NO MORE CREDIT IS BRILLIANT- ALWAYS USE CASH :)
Stewart

DMP in progress

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Excellent news Stewart. It's so good knowing that you're not worried about the post in January!

Have a good Christmas!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Hi
A good post Stewart, paying with cash only makes you think twice about what you are actually spending the money on
Regards
Andam Davies

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 pm
I totally agree with Andy, buying with cash certainly makes me think twice about spending, the thought put into my gifts are no so much more too as before I'd just buy it now I think about the person I'm buying for as I know it's all they're getting x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:59 pm
I use a lot of the vouchers I get for using online surveys and that saves me a fortune at Christmas and Birthdays.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

s_cs

Post by s_cs » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:43 pm
it does feel strange not having any cards etc to use as this is my first xmas with only my bank account card. it did feel good though cutting up my credit + store cards.

least i havent got to worry about january when the bills come in - only the naughty letters i get from companies saying defaults/ charges etc which i send to the company who are dealing with my DMP.

Take care all - speak soon
Stewart

DMP in progress

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 pm
It is an odd feeling, but very good to know that you don't owe a thing!
Bob Marley.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Happy xmas 2009 !!!”