Year after IVA finished, what happens now?

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Joanna221

Post by Joanna221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm
Hi all
I finished my IVA with GT last April (should have been November 2010 but had a payment break)and it was the happiest day of my life! I joined Credit Expert in December and all my debts had been removed, i went back on last week to find my IVA was on there again, i spoke to a nice chap at CE who said that it should have been removed last november, he said if i sent the letter from GT to them they would remove it. I have now got to wait a month for them to sort it. My question is once it has been removed should i start trying to get my credit back up, have i left it long enough as i have been too scared to apply for credit since November just in case i get turned down. What have those of you that have been through this done?[:X]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm
Hi,

Have you checked with all three agencies to.see if there are any defaults on there? Once you get your completion letter then send a copy off to.any creditors that have continued to default and tell them to.re.ove any after the date of IVA acceptance
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Joanna221

Post by Joanna221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm
Hi
What are the other 2 credit reference agencies? It had ben removed from CE when i checked in December but appeared again in the last 3 months.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 pm
Hi,

They are Equifax and Call Credit.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 am
doesnt the ip send letters to creditors, why are we contacting them
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 am
It is not the responsibility of the IP to update the credit agency registers.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Tue May 08, 2012 8:17 am
point taken melanie, so how soon should we contact cra after recieving cc from ip, many thanks
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 am
You can do it as soon as you have your completion letter - they have to take off any default dates after the date of IVA acceptance.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Wed May 09, 2012 12:52 pm
I am wondering how to word the letter, and many thanks

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Hi Tonyranks

I just posted a template under your other post, have a look and see if it is what your looking for? :-)

It might be helpful
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 am
yes you did, many thanks
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”