Yet another GT closure thread

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
58 posts Page 1 of 4

g4vhn

Post by g4vhn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 pm
I really am reaching the end of my tether with Grant Thornton. I paid my final IVA payment Jan 2012.

I was originally told it would take UP TO 6 months to complete the closure process. 6 months came and went with no contact made by GT. When i contacted them, they said sometimes can take longer. They could give me no details of what stage closure was at or what the delay was.

Long story short, after repeated emails and calls and numerous promised call backs that never came, today they have called me back to say that my case has now been passed to closures and will take up to 6 months !!

WTF!!!

What can i do if anything ? Its obvious they just lie to me whenever i ring. How long can they drag this out for ? I have a friend who started his IVA a few months after mine and he is being told the same pack of lies too. Every time i ring you can over hear other phone conversation of other people complaining about closures.

Am i really just at the mercy of their incompetance or is there someone i can contact for help ???

I'm sick of having this hanging over me and being powerless to do anything about it. I paid everything on time and in full, is it too much to expect for them to keep to their side of the arrangement ??

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm
"Am I really just at the mercy of their incompetence" Yes.

" is it too much to expect for them to keep to their side of the arrangement" Apparently so.

Unfortunately you are not alone in the closure lies and deceit of the GT realm. Many, many posters on here are making the same posts and it is increasing each day, sorry I can't be the bearer of glad tidings.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm
Hi and welcome.

Unfortunately there is a huge problem with GT and closure at the moment and you are just part of a long queue of people waiting for their completion letters.

You can contact Karol from GT who posts on here. Her details are under the 'Ask Experts a Question' link on the left hand side of the page under Grant Thornton.

Drop her an email and ask for some info regarding your case.

g4vhn

Post by g4vhn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm
I have contacted her now so will wait and see. Is there no way of complaining about an Iva provider ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 pm
Hi g4vhn. There are ways to complain. Initially, if no joy with case worker or IP (direct contact with which rank alongside verified unicorn sightings) you will need to go through GT's internal complaints procedure. I am afraid I have no idea of what this is ... maybe someone could enlighten us.

If the ICP fails then, assuming it is of interest to the Regulators (but I would involve them whether they were interested or not!) you need to contact your particular IP's Regulatory Body.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm
I am getting to the stage when there is no more help I can offer but to take matters up with Karol, follow the firm's internal complaints procedure if necessary and ultimately resort to the regulatory body.

Prior to following the latter routes, you really ought to be made aware of the specific issue which is preventing your case being closed and the timescale by which they feel they can resolve this for you.

Foggy - you should have been provided with details of their internal complaints procedure when your case was handed over - but this also has to be publicised on their website as well.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm
No, Mel, I have had no information of any substance, short of a "Hello, you are with us" letter. I am rather hoping I never have to use it -- but I feel a few will !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm
I'll check out the website later and send you a link.

g4vhn

Post by g4vhn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm
I too have never received any info regarding complaints procedure.

g4vhn

Post by g4vhn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Where do i stand if GT stick with what they have said today, that they have only just passed my case to closures after all this time ???

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm
At the moment you are stuck with a waiting game. It seems GT only count the 6 month admin period from when the file is passed to closures, which, as you have found, can take 6 months in itself !

This is not a happy prospect for anyone in an IVA and, I feel, should be addressed. However, details of GT's complaints procedure are noteable by their absence.

I have scoured the UK and US websites and can find no mention whatsoever.

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 pm
Same old complaints from GT AGAIN !
We are all getting sick of the feeble excuses they give people day in day out. They are supposed to be a professional company. They just put peoples lives in turmoil and dont blink an eye at doing so.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 am
I don't think that is general of the GT database overall jeffw. They have over 25,000 people in IVAs under their supervision, so I would imagine the complaints level is relatively modest in terms of ratio.

g4vhn

Post by g4vhn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 am
Every single time i ring them i can overhear other phone conversations in the background and it is always a complaint. More often than not its regarding closures. My friend is experiencing exactly the same issues as me regarding closure what are the odds of that if the level of complaints are low ??

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:04 am
I have no idea - I cannot speak for Grant Thornton on this point.
58 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”