Creditfix annual review - sorry

16 posts Page 1 of 2

Leigh.p

Post by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm
I appreciate this has probably been asked before.
I am approaching my two year iva anniversary in January and have been pestered to allow creditfix access to my internet banking for the past couple of weeks. I was transferred from Knightsbridge. Last year, (I say last year but it was actually only in March this year) I refused to allow access and they willingly sent me the I/E form and requested six months bank statements which was pretty painless and things stayed the same.
This year, I emailed to say I wasn’t comfortable with the situation and I received a phone call today to say this was no longer an option.
I don’t really know whether to just go ahead and allow the access as it seems to be quick and easy but I do feel a little uncomfortable about it. Is there anything I can send in an email to creditfix to say I don’t have to do this if I decide not to allow them? I don’t want to cause a fuss for no reason, but I was happy doing it the way I have previously. The agent on the phone told me this was the only option but from reading previous posts I understand this is not the case.

Grateful for any experiences or thoughts.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 pm
The obligation to allow third party access was not in your original terms of engagement and, at no time, were you asked to agree to this as an obligation. They are obliged to continue your arrangement on the already agreed terms and conditions.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Leigh.p

Post by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm
Thank you, foggy. I have emailed them back with words to that effect. I think it’s easy to feel like I have to be super nice to them and do what they say in case they put my payment up! but handing over my details just doesn’t sit right with me.

redboxtree

Post by redboxtree » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Agreed - an IVA is a contract with obligations on all sides.

If CF are seeking to change the contract and the contract does not specifically include how assessments are done in this way, then they have to change the contract.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm
I have been with CF and always did paper reviews.
No way would i be allowing access to my online banking. Theres got to be some sort of security risk with that??
They dont like conflict and cave when you start quoting your terms conditions and agreements.
They cannot alter your payment on grounds you dont allow access to bank account.
Hope you can continue and get your review done smoothly without giving them
access to your bank.

Leigh.p

Post by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:16 pm
Thanks all, I hope so too. I await their response...

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm
Quote your banking terms to them, about not allowing other people access to your online banking and how if you did so, the any fraud occurred, you would be liable.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Mrs_Brown wrote:
Quote your banking terms to them, about not allowing other people access to your online banking and how if you did so, the any fraud occurred, you would be liable.

They no longer apply as many banks have signed up to allowing third party access. Howver the responsibility for the account security still lies with the account holder.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Foggy wrote:
Mrs_Brown wrote:

They no longer apply as many banks have signed up to allowing third party access. Howver the responsibility for the account security still lies with the account holder.
Ahh right, I am sure it is in my coop terms still, although I haven't read them closely lately :)

Leigh.p

Post by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Unfortunately I’ve had no luck in convincing creditfix in letting me do it the original way. I’ve been threatened with my Iva being at risk so I’m feeling worried enough to probably just do as I’m told.
Any experiences of this method, My finances are pretty straight forward in that I’m a poor student so things haven’t drastically changed from last year.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Unfortunately they do hold all the cards, however, I would be inclined to still lodge a complaint and refer to the regulatory body, even having complied. They are acting unreasonably.

Leigh.p

Post by Leigh.p » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm
Thanks, I’ve completed it which certainly wasn’t as quick and easy as they suggested...it came out that my disposable income was -£230 a month (it isn’t, I manage ok) so it’ll be interesting to see how this one unfolds...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:37 pm
Interestingly enough Mel and Stephen on this thread opted to submit hard copies and refuse access to online accounts -- and CF did and are doing it that way !!

creditfix-annual-review-t86243#p731771

disneygal

Post by disneygal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 pm
Leigh.p wrote:
Thanks, I’ve completed it which certainly wasn’t as quick and easy as they suggested...it came out that my disposable income was -£230 a month (it isn’t, I manage ok) so it’ll be interesting to see how this/
one unfolds...
out of curiosity how did your review go, did your payments change

johngr2

Post by johngr2 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:14 pm
H ello thankyou for previous advise hit a problem on annual review at creditfix im an ex knightsbridge custumer .FIRSTLY first two years creditfix reviews gone ok .now this year castlight says I have got a average net monthly income of 1700 pounds a month .Whitch is wrong I do get paid 4 weekly eatch pay slip is now net 1200 pounds every four weeks .I believe that gives me 13 pay periods in a year .castlight says I now get paid 1200 over 16 pay periods in a year I work for Tesco as a shelf filler. I think ive used my right not to agree with the affordability passport and has not submitted it .My bank says an error has ocured when castlight log onto account because they have upgraded security.I have now sent them all in for that year and shown all credits received into my current account for the year it comes to 1300 pounds per month.Ibelieve castlight says they only take three months transactions and then divide by three. it seems they have taken 4 pay sips whitch is a 16 week cycle divided those by three included a one off energy refund .also I pay my rent 4 weekly as well and only have included three whitch should have been 4 pay cycles and that was clearly visable on statements as wel li have been paying 80 pounds a month castlight says it has now found an extra 380 pounds per month whitch I can pay into my iva that would mean a payment above 420 pounds a month .also posted p60 in it says total ernings before deduction 18400.PS IM NOW ON MY LAST YEAR AND THINK CREDITFIX IS TRYING FOR EXTENSION BECAUSE AFTER ALL THE FEES THE CREDITORS HAVNT GOT VERY MUTCH BACK. simply cant afford that amount.ps they did agree pension payments 5 years ago whitch are 5 percent every four weeks what advice can you give,my contract said dispursments to creditors had to start by the end of year one according to credit karma didn't start till middle of year three
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “annual review”